semi-OT: DNS issues for python.org

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Fri Dec 19 20:16:22 EST 2003

Hi all,
	I'm seeing a lot of "lame server" messages from my name server
when trying to resolve mail.python.org and neither my name server
(devious.adversary.org) nor those of my upstream
(yarrina.connect.com.au & warrane.connect.com.au).  In fact, one of my
upstream's caches (yalumba.connect.com.au) is locating what appears to
be invalid nameservers for python.org.

Yalumba believes python.org's nameservers are ns53.worldnic.com &
ns54.worldnic.com.  While tracking back from UltraDNS points to
ns.xs4all.nl & ns2.xs4all.nl.

So does anyone know if there are currently any registration or
delegation issues with python.org or if they are seeing similar things
elsewhere?

Regards,
Ben

P.S.  Obviously I have no idea if this will even make it to the list,
if I see Postfix whinge too much I'll re-post via Usenet.