More than one cookie with urllib2

John J. Lee jjl at
Tue Dec 16 14:35:31 CET 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at> writes:
> > Cookies aren't insane in concept, but their implementation leaves some
> > things to be desired.
> Agreed... especially with IE6.1, where I still have an incredibly annoying
> problem with a Zope-based Intranet where my cookies are being forgotten
> periodically, which among other things has led to repeated data loss

Do you know why / when / which?  Are these cookies in your browser or
your users' browsers?  Third party?  Session or persistent?

I ask because browser behaviour is the only standard in use, really.
Guess which browser?

Of course, cookies are "allowed" to vanish at random times.  I
remember reading something about servers telling browsers which
cookies are important to users and shouldn't be thrown away, but I've
completely forgotten where that was...