python unicode display of chinese characters

Serge Orlov sombDELETE at pobox.ru
Wed Dec 10 01:01:21 EST 2003

> "Posadas, Dennis" <dennis.posadas at intel.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.7.1071011067.9307.python-list at python.org>...
> Hi,
>
>         I've done some google searching w/c referred me to a couple of
> articles on unicode, but I'm looking for something really simple - not
> for a web application.
>
>         See my sample code below. Any ideas how to convert it to display
> maybe Simplified Chinese ?

The first idea is to debug input and output separately, i.e. save
your Chinese text to utf-8 file in a Chinese-aware editor. Read
it from your Python program and try to display.
You're trying to use cp347 encoding, did you install it? My
python installation does not have it.
What console do you use? Are you sure it supports cp347?

-- Serge.