porting python script from linux to windows

hokieghal99 hokiegal99 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:42:25 EST 2003

What are the specific steps that one should take to make a python script
that works on a Linux x86 machine also work on a Windows x86 machine?

I am using os, re and string in the script. How do paths differ between
the two OSes? I am use to a unix-like path /blah/blah/blah. Would I need
to change this to x:\blah\blah\blah where x = drive letter? What about
creating fs objects? file works the same on both? os.walk works the same?

Thanks for the advice!!!