SWT and Python (was: Re: What GUI toolkit looks the best?)

Markus Wankus markus_wankus at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:17:25 EST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:32:35 GMT, Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote:

> Oren Tirosh <oren-py-l at hishome.net> writes:
>
>> SWT has been ported from Java to C# for the SharpDevelop project. I
>> wonder
>> how difficult it would be to port SWT to Python.
>
> Is SWT the framework that was developed for Eclipse?
>
> I realise I could look this up myself, but well, that involves NN4 for
> the moment...

I believe that's what he means...and I have been wondering about this for
awhile.  SWT is very wxWindows-ish in it's parent-child relationships -
and I think it just looks and feels really cool.

You can easily do it all in Python/Jython - provided you use the .dll and
.jar file.  A pure Python wrapping of the .dll (i.e. replacing the .jar
file) would be seriously cool.

--
Markus