Python on Max osx and tkinter

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 25 11:34:17 EST 2003

Ralf Wieseler <r.wieseler at t-online.de> wrote in message news:<bsedqg$rf$00$1 at news.t-online.com>...
> Hello! I'm quite new to Python.
>
> I wrote some little scripts using the "import from tkinter" Statemant
> that work well on Windows and Linux. but if i try to execute them in my
> Powerbook with Mac OSX 10.2.8 i get only Errors. I imorted the TKinter
> Module with the Package Manager of MacPython 2.3 but it doesn't work.
> My Macphython has no idea of TKinter.
> Whats wrong?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Greetz Ralf

Hmm, I also had problems gettign Tkinter properly installed on early
versions of Mac OS X. I finally did succeed, but it was difficult and
I'm not sure I can tell you what the secret was ;-(((

My best advice is to install the latest version of Mac OS X10.3
(Panther). I was successful installing Tkinter on Panther the first
time with no difficulties.