python com wrappers

Paul Rudin paul_rudin at scientia.com
Tue Dec 9 05:14:43 EST 2003

I'm having a problem with the python wrappers generated from a type
library.

The symptom is that I get failures to find connections points inside
the wrappers when called from DispatchWithEvents or WithEvents -
e.g. "com_error: (-2147220992, 'CONNECT_E_NOCONNECTION', None, None)"

It seems that the coclass_clsid property of some classes is
incorrect. It seems that when a coclass in the type library has
multiple "[source] dispinterface" it can happen that this coclass can
end up as the one referenced by each of the corresponding
DispatchBaseClass subclasses via the coclass_clsid property, whereas
probably what should happen is that only ones that are default should
be so treated.

But maybe I'm misdiagnosing the problem; has anyone else seen this
and/or know what the problem is?