Strip HTML tags?

BW Glitch bwglitch at hotpop.com
Sat Dec 13 23:16:46 EST 2003

Fazer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering what would be the easiest way to strip away HTML tags from a string?
>
> Or how would I remove everything between < and > also the < , > as well using regex?

You could use the SGMLparser for that also. Check the Python Cookbook at
ASPN ( http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/ ) for a recipe
that uses it (
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52281 ).

--
Glitch

-----BEGIN TF FAN CODE BLOCK-----
G+++ G1 G2+ BW++++ MW++ BM+ Rid+ Arm-- FR+ FW-
#3 D+ ADA N++ W OQP MUSH- BC- CN++ OM P75
-----END TF FAN CODE BLOCK-----

"Waspinator negative negative negative! I am Shrapnel, Decepticon
hero-o-o-o!"
"Shrapnel? That was a Decepticon from the Great War three centuries
ago! ..."
         -- A loopy Waspinator and Blackarachnia, "Dark Designs"