declaration of variables?

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Mon Feb 24 21:47:26 EST 2003

jcm wrote:

> And these unit tests are likely written in Python, and have the same
> quirks as the programs they're testing.

You sound like you've never written a unit test in your life,
otherwise you would not move yourself in such a questionable
corner.
Unit tests are so much easier to test than your application,
and proving a program to be wrong is so much easier than
to prove it being right!

> Certainly tests are extremely useful, although if you're script is
> small/simple enough, I think it's reasonable to go without.

Please show me code that doesn't need unit tests.
Either is is smaller than 100 lines, or it has bugs
in its first implementation.

Try to prove me wrong, without cheating! -- chris