3D graphics programmers using Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Feb 6 18:35:13 EST 2003

Brandon Van Every wrote:

> Sure.  Otherwise I wouldn't be here.  But what I've learned about
> Python
> says it isn't going to cut down the time for all problems.  Python has
> its
> pitfalls that can chew up time.  The main ones that concern me right
> now are
> integration with C++, floating point support, ...

What floating point support pitfall?

> Also it occurred to me last night: does Python support
> operator
> overloading?  If it doesn't, that would totally change how I write all
> of my
> 3D calculations.

Yes, it does.  Shouldn't you know that by this point?  You've been
making a lot of declarations about Python being this and Python being
that, but so far it seems very clear that you know very little about it.

/  \ War is like love, it always finds a way.
\__/ Bertolt Brecht
    Bosskey.net: Return to Wolfenstein / http://www.bosskey.net/rtcw/
 A personal guide to Return to Castle Wolfenstein.