Python's 8-bit cleanness deprecated?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Feb 5 10:10:42 EST 2003

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:

> Roman Suzi wrote:
>
> > That is why I am asking for unconditional raw 8-bit cleanness of
> > Python
> > without any -*- things...
>
> Personally, I think it's an extremely good idea.

Me too.  I'll also observe that editing files in GNU Emacs 21 that
have characters with the high bit set and don't have a coding cookie
is exceptionally annoying so putting the coding in not only soothes
Python, but also potential contributors.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Unfortunately, nigh the whole world is now duped into thinking that
  silly fill-in forms on web pages is the way to do user interfaces.