Python and p2p

pedro alvarez dickerc6 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 18:39:30 EST 2003

Geoff Gerrietts <geoff at gerrietts.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1044467118.29693.python-list at python.org>...
> > I think, having some formal training as a librarian, and seeing the
> way these things tend to play out, that except in very few
> circumstances, a library would be a better choice for obtaining this
> content than the indirect theft that is P2P networks. Most countries
> have very progressive libraries, even in countries that are not
> progressive. Getting access to quality technical books is possible.

Yes libraries. You are absolutely right. No doubt you can get the
latest published edition of Fortran77, or Turbo Pascal. Maybe if you
look around a bit, you might find ...surprise 'Advanced Cobol
programming 2nd edition'.
Point is just because your library is well stocked, it doesnt mean
other libraries will be. Also, lots of people keep nicking the books.