Reference books/tutorials?

Mark Higgins mghiggins2003 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:52:59 EST 2003

anthony wrote:
> Can anyone suggest some python/jython reference books/tutorials for a
> newbie who's used to matlab?  Amazon had the Python bible 2.1 fairly
> highly rated.

I'm just getting into python as well; a very usual tome for me was The
Python Cookbook by Alex Martelli and David Asher. It highlights some
useful concepts. It also gives lots of example code written by
experienced python programmers - for me, anyway, that's critical to
getting my head around the common ways of approaching programming
problems which help define a language's philosophy.