Tutorial/Review link to c.l.p

Daniel Dittmar daniel at dittmar.net
Sun Feb 9 11:10:15 EST 2003

pedro alvarez wrote:
 > Well Daniel, it seems we had different things in mind.
 >
 > Having looked into wikis, i realised it was more than what i had in
 > mind.
 > I have been and still am collecting resources from c.l.p on GUI's, and
 > Ms windows
 > networked enviroment issues (MSSql,Exchange,etc). I just wanted to add
 > some structure to my collection whilst updating it.

How about the following:
I've created a page in the wiki with an outline of topics I think
newbies might be interested in when choosing a toolkit:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/ChoosingGuiToolkits

If you would add your bookmarks where appropriate (or under 'other'),
then I'll try to extract the information from the links. Then you could
decide if this format is worth the trouble or if bookmarks are
sufficient. I'll do this probably only once (hoping to convince you), as
I'm not that interested in GUI toolkits myself, so I don't follow c.l.p
on these topics.

it's ok to enhance or reorganize the outline if you think something
different is useful to make an informed decision.

 > So i wanted to put it up on my website if anyone thought it would be
 > useful. This is also because i saw the same
 > questions being asked, and the same answers and opinions. So probably
 > it wouldnt be useful for existing python users, but for new ones who
 > want to know which tool is right for them.

The problem with anything on you own website is that it can't be updated
by anyone but you. So if you lose interest in this topic, you web page
becomes outdated. Or if you become a more proficient GUI programmer, the
focus switches to advanced topics.

Daniel