wxPython: import error on Linux

Jeff Bienstadt jeffbi at jetsoft.com
Fri Feb 28 01:32:39 CET 2003

After installing the wxPython binary RPM onto my Linux box (Mandrake 8.2), I
tried running the demo, and I get the following error while trying to import

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "demo.py", line 3, in ?
    import Main
  File "./Main.py", line 15, in ?
    from   wxPython.wx import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/wx.py", line 6, in ?
    from misc2 import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/misc2.py", line 18, in ?
    from utils import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/utils.py", line 964, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute

I get the same error if I try to import wxPython.wx in the python

Is there something obvious (to others) that I'm missing?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.