PB to install PyQt-x11-gpl-3.5

jsaul jsaul at gmx.de
Mon Feb 10 15:36:55 EST 2003

* Gerard Breiner [2003-02-10 10:21]:
> I carried out the update de python to python 2.2.2 and i succeeded  to
> install "sip" and PyQt but not PyKDE.
> The result of the command "make" to compile PyKDE is :
>
> cd kdecore; "/usr/bin/make"
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/admin/PyKDE-3.3.2/kdecore'
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -DSIP_MAKE_MODULE_DLL -DNO_DEBUG -fno-exceptions -I-I
>  -I../extraH -I. -I/usr/local/include/python2.2 -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/li
> b/qt-2.3.1/include -o kdecorecmodule.o kdecorecmodule.cpp
> In file included from sip/kstyle.sip:42,
>                  from kdecorecmodule.cpp:129:
> /usr/include/kde/kstyle.h:38: parse error before `{'
> /usr/include/kde/kstyle.h:39: non-member function `className ()' cannot

I cannot say for sure, because I don't use KDE, but

> An idea ?

the reason could be incompatible versions of KDE and Qt, because
the error obviously occurs when parsing a KDE header file (which
has previously included the (possibly wrong) Qt headers).

However, without more specific version information it makes little
sense to speculate any further. I have installed PyQt 3.4 with Qt
2.3.1 without any problems, but without KDE.

Is there no way to disable KDE support in KDE? That *might*
allready solve the problem.

Cheers, jsaul
--
Palo pa'que aprenda que aquí sí hay honor!
[Rubén Blades]