Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Feb 8 10:37:05 EST 2003

Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> wrote:

> So if this feature is added, you won't use it, right?
>
> That means it won't affect you one way or the other.
>
> So voting against it would be merely an attempt to scupper it for
> those of us who would really like this?

Even if people don't use it, they will have to read (and understand) it
in other people's code.

This is one of the things that makes perl such a disaster of a language.
I've use a subset of perl idioms in my writing, but as often as not,
when I'm at a total loss when I read somebody else's code because they
use a different set of idioms.  They might as well be writing in a
different language.