scp module for python ?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Feb 11 12:32:41 EST 2003

Gitte Wange wrote:

> Well I also thought of calling the scp command with os.system but I want
> to use scp in a webapplication (for Zope) and then I need to feed the
> password to the scp command and I haven't been able to find out how to do
> that :-(

I believe the only acceptable (from a security point of view) way of
doing this may be to use the ssh-agent tool, or to store the public key
of the client system in the .ssh/authorized_keys file on the server
which is being accessed.

(Otherwise, I guess you are looking for the pty module but I don't
recall hearing that this worked flawlessly with scp.)

-Peter