What could Python do for me....

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 18 10:48:01 EST 2003

écrit dans le message de news:
mailman.1045575953.23443.python->list at python.org...
> Hi,

Hi

[SNIP]

Could anyone tell me a) if this is possible in Python and b) where I could
find good reference material for pulling such stuff out of a Windows box.
I'm not new to programming, but my recent experience is in HTML, ASP and
Javascript.

a) Yes

b) Dowload and install Mark Hammond's Win32 extensions for Python from there

http://starship.python.net/crew/skippy/

There are some demo not that far from your requirements (services, registry,
COM client/server, ASP, .Net...)

Buy the Mark's book "Python programming on Win32" (link from the above URL)

There are some "howto" about Win32/Python at www.activestate.com

But I thing you should spend some days to learn and train with Python
"basics" (all platforms) before going deeper into Win32 specific stuffs.

--Gilles