Myth: Python is ideal for beginners

Damon Brinkley dbrinkley1 at carolina.rr.com
Thu Feb 6 16:23:53 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 15:41, pedro alvarez wrote:

> >From: "Mark McEahern" <marklists at mceahern.com>
> >To: "pedro alvarez" <dickerc6 at hotmail.com>,<python-list at python.org>
> >Subject: RE: Myth: Python is ideal for beginners
> >Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 14:24:29 -0600
> >

> >If you think Python is missing tutorials for beginners, do one of the
> >following:
> >
> >1) Write one and publicize it.
>
> Okay, that is very true. Thanks for pointing it out . I can try and start
> one.
> But my point remains that people shouldnt say 'Python is ideal for
> beginners'

Have you read this: http://greenteapress.com/thinkpython.html ?  It's
definitely geared towards beginners as are quite a few books available
today.  I started with C about a year ago and have moved to Python
thanks to some colleague's suggestions and have been much more
productive with Python than C so far.

> >3) Make some positive suggestion.
> I have to admit i am a negative thinker, i am more likely to point
> out holes than plug them. But i'll try and change my habits.

Nobody likes a person who only points out faults and does nothing about
it.  People like others who point out the problem and then do something
to correct the problem.

Damon Brinkley