IDLE display Q

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Sat Feb 22 12:50:09 EST 2003

lynx wrote:

> sorry to bother the group with such an off-topic question, but i don't
> know enough about Tk to phrase this intelligently where it would be on
> topic...
>
> what's a quick way of changing the font IDLE uses for its output windows?
> on my screen, the default one is unreadably tiny.

The files config.txt, config-win.txt, and config-unix.txt, in the
site-packages/idlelib of your installation, control this (you can
also override them with configuration files in your home dir).

For example, one of those files might be:

cat /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/idlelib/config-unix.txt
[EditorWindow]
font-name= courier
font-size= 10
print-command=lpr %s
$

and you could just edit it to change the font-name and
font-size values until you find ones you like,

Alex