Reboot windows when nobody logged in

Lukas Kubin kubin at
Thu Feb 13 08:32:18 CET 2003

I don't have the book but I've tried the script from the
examples archive. It didn't work for me. Could you tell me, please, how
did you implement the reboot code to work while waiting for login? How did
you let it know you wish to reboot?
Thank you.

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, dsavitsk wrote:

> "Lukas Kubin" <kubin at> wrote in message
> news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0302121331021.31917-100000 at
> > I need to code a program rebooting windows xp, when nobody is logged on.
> > It means the computer is in the state with login window on. I have a
> > simple windows service waiting for a tcp connection which should cause the
> > reboot. I use the Python's win32api function ExitWindowsEx() but nothing
> > happens.  When I test the reboot when anybody is logged on, it works. (Yes
> > I've done all the AdjustPrivilege etc. already).
> > Does anybody have experience doing such code?
> There is an example of how to reboot a remote computer which is included (i
> think) in both win32all and Mark's book.  It works on a computer at the
> login screen in win2k, but I can't speak to XP.
> -d

- --
Lukas Kubin

phone: +420696398285
email: kubin at

Information centre
The School of Business Administration in Karvina
Silesian University in Opava
Czech Republic
Version: GnuPG v1.2.0 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine 1.75-6