how to pychecker recursively

juandomin juandomin at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 20 12:35:56 EST 2003

We are trying to compile python code using pychecker and we are finding
problems when there are errors in imported files, because the error location
and explanation are too bad. We would like that pychecker told us at least the
error file and line. Is this possible? If not, is there any other possibility
to do a recursive syntax checking?

In our case, we are trying to compile zyxswlist.py by calling 'pychecker
zyxswlist.py' and there is an error in a file imported by it called zyxenv.py.

Processing zyxswlist...
  SyntaxError: invalid syntax (None, line 4)
    import os
           ^

Warnings...

zyxswlist:1: NOT PROCESSED UNABLE TO IMPORT

The error explanation does not say anything about the file and line where
the error is and the explanation is too ambiguous to find it.