Michael Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 13 15:20:16 EST 2003

Gerrit Holl <gerrit at nl.linux.org> wrote:

<<   Since list comprehensions are in the language, I'm very
glad I have been able to get rid of those horrible lambda's. And
I have already become addicted to list comprehensions. But I am
strongly against PEP-308... >>

I agree with G.H. on the above.  The proposed syntax is
horrible, especially when nested (as it will be).  It loses
entirely the clarity that is a marvelous attribute of Python,
while adding nothing that can't be done now, if a bit more
verbosely.  But if I believed verbosity was the enemy, I would
be using Perl instead of Python.

--
Mike Prager
NOAA, Beaufort, NC