Myth: Python is ideal for beginners

John Roth johnroth at ameritech.net
Fri Feb 7 09:09:12 EST 2003

Thank you. I've been programming professionally since '65, and that
was exactly my impression. Python was remarkably easy to learn.
Some things helped, like a syntax aware editor, but in general
I find it remarkably free of non-obvious constructs.

There are, of course, flaws, but then I've never met anything
that couldn't be improved. I'm impressed by the small number
of them.

I can contrast that with Java. I'm having a huge amount of
difficulty with the environment. With my background, the language
itself is simply "more of the same," but the environment, to put it
bluntly, s3s.

John Roth

news:4017400e.0302062026.27e76443 at posting.google.com...
news:<mailman.1044565398.10942.python-list at python.org>...