RedHat 8.0 Apache + Python CGI segmentation faults

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sun Feb 23 14:30:10 EST 2003

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote ...
> Couldn't find anything about this in Google. A new machine is running RH
8,
> and the Apache web server is working. However, attempts to run Python CGI
> scripts result in segmentation faults, even though the scripts will run
> quite happily under the user "apache" identity.
>
> Is this a known phenomenon, or am I going to have to get the dread gdb
out?
> All the error log records is several segmentation faults for each
attempted
> CGI access.

Just to follow this up, the problem has absolutely nothing to do with
Python. It appears to be related to processing .htaccess files (SetEnv
directives are the current suspects, but I'm not going to spend too much
time tracking it down is it's already a fixed problem).

I looked at upgrading the Apache installation, but I can't do it just by
recompiling from source: there are too many incompatible modules. Guess I'll
take a look on wwww.redhat.com for updated RPMs.

Thanks to all who replied.

regards
Register for PyCon now!            http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html