ternary operator vote

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Feb 11 22:34:14 EST 2003

Aahz wrote:

> In article <b2cc3f$d8r$0 at 216.39.172.122>, Bengt Richter <bokr at oz.net>
> wrote:
>
> > BTW, we could vote by just posting to a special voting
> > thread with some formatted lines from an official template like
>
> Netnews is less reliable than e-mail.

Indeed.  The voting _ballot_ would certainly be posted, but the votes
should be collected via email, not via news.

Furthermore, one would prefer that an honest vote be taken where all the
results and details are disclosed, but not necessarily that everybody
sees how everybody else is voting in the meantime, lest they be
unnecessarily swayed ("Well, I wanted this, but that's winning, so I'll
change my vote").

/  \ Do not seek death.  Death will find you.
\__/ Dag Hammarskjold
    Esperanto reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/lang/esperanto/
 An Esperanto reference for English speakers.