Myth: Python is ideal for beginners

Pierre Rouleau pieroul at attglobal.net
Thu Feb 6 23:32:10 EST 2003

pedro alvarez wrote:

> But my point remains that people shouldnt say 'Python is ideal for
> beginners'

Just to add my own two cents...

I have been programming for some time now and managed several people.
Used several languages etc...  One guy in our IT department wanted to
learn how to program.  He had *never* programmed before except for
writing small batch files for Windows machines (in DOS batch files).  I
showed him Python and within one week he had been able to start writing
small scripts.  He learned all by himself.  I just showed him
www.pyhon.org.  Two months later he wrote complete useful applications
others use.

No, I think Python *is* ideal for beginners.

--
         Pierre Rouleau