Winmail.dat and TNEF email attachments

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Mon Feb 10 16:14:44 EST 2003

I'm working with an email script, that if possible, I would like to have
able to work with the winmail.dat/TNEF attachments which are generated by
Outlook under certain configuration sessions.

What I need to be able to do is to decode and read/parse the winmail.dat
file and then add some text to it, then re-encode it and attach the
modified winmail.dat file back to the email.

I do know how to work with file-attachments and emails in general. It is
this proprietary MS TNEF format that is causing the problem.

I've found some information in net searches (links appended below sig).

MY QUESTION IS:
Has anyone else already written Python code that deals with these TNEF
attachments? If so, I would greatly appreciate being able to review such
code.

Thanks,

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/

Links from my search on winmail.dat and TNEF:

http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1552hq.html
http://www.modemhelp.net/newsletter/email/winmaildat.shtml
http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?DocID=1309
http://www.brooklyn.com/theatre-sound/winmail.html