c enum - how to do this in python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Feb 22 02:32:04 EST 2003

Jp Calderone wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 05:34:20AM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> > In article <haad5voagh78aempcuv3g460p4f2eea3ne at 4ax.com>, Rene Pijlman wrote:

>   Eh, nope.  This is the wrong place for pedantry about the C language
> standard.  I'll just refer you to section 3.3 through 3.5 of
> JTC1/SC22/WG14
> N794 (the C language standard).

Evidently by "the" language standard you mean C89, the old one.  These
sections are 3.5 through 3.7 in C99, the latest version of the standard.

Familarity with the C Standard will reveal that the Standard really uses
the terms "byte," "character" (single-byte, anyway), and "char"
interchangeably.  It's in fact so pervasive that it wouldn't even be
feasible to list all the instances in the Standard where the lack of a
distinction is clearly implied.  J3.4 (G3.4 in C89) is a good place to
start, in spite of being informative, not normative.

Seriously, search through the standard for instances of the word "byte."

/  \ Peace with a cudgel in hand is war.
\__/ (a Portugese proverb)
    Rules for Buh / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/cards/buh.html
 The official rules to the betting card game, Buh.