Case insensitivity

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Feb 22 13:04:17 EST 2003

>Incidentally, if exchange of personal experiences is all that interests
you, the if you "disagree" (with what? >with my _experiences_?!), you
presumably just present your own in return, and that's it.

Must be a deep wound.

My point was only that there was no way to get anywhere on this isssue by
focusing on the "novices" aspect. If you like, precisely *because* of the
lack of anything anyone can agree on as decisive evidence.

I was sincerely interested in your point of view on case sensitivity, as a
user.  Not goading you. Because I actually feel that the discussion went off
track Round One, on the novice issue.  And perhaps did not get a fair
hearing on its merits, as a deeper design issue.  Or in terms of the impact
on the advanced user. *That* is new territory.  And if it going to be
discussed, as an abstract matter, why? - if not to hit new territory.

And that is my basis for wishing you not, for example, to go down the novice
track again.  We know where it leads.

I, BTW, will be the guy at PyCon walking around sheepishly without a name
tag, again.

Art