Call for input: Standard Python MIDI module

Lennart Regebro lennart at regebro.nu
Wed Feb 26 04:43:01 EST 2003

Thomas Guettler <pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.02.26.08.03.25.396931.733 at thomas-guettler.de>...
> A portable midi library would be great. But I think it is difficult,
> because the timing is very system dependant.

The basic midi-library wouldn't involve any timing whatsoever, so
that's easily fixed. :)

Something that can autonomously play events from a buffer would be a
nice thing to have in a second step, becuase it's something everybody
wants, and it's hard to implement. But that would obviously have to be
done differently for different platforms yes. That doesn't mean it's
hard to do, just that you can't use one piece of code for it.