Project needs a name (was: Summary: Python.org as a multi-language portal (was: Some thoughts about Python, python.org and non-English languages))

Nomad nomad*** at ***freemail.absa.co.za
Sat Feb 15 12:30:45 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:07:23 +0100, "M. Müller-Oertel"
<mueller-oertel at arcor.de> wrote:

>Since the presented concept got many friendly comments (thank you all!), I
>decided to continue working on it.
>
>Now this little (?) project urgently needs a name. I performed a
>one-man-brainstorming and wrote down these:
>
> * Cosmopolitan Python
> * Python for Everyone (a variant of "computer programming for everybody")
> * International Python
>
>What do you think? Any comment on these and any other idea and is most
>welcome!

There have been a few nice ideas on this thread, but a compression of
your last exmaple is a pretty good:

IPy

pronounced "eye-pie".  Even when spoke aloud it doesn't fall into any
particular (spoken) language (like p4n does), and it's nice and
concise too.

Of course, the French would probably prefer PyI, but that brings up
images of custard (or should that be creme anglaise)

I also mused on Iython for a while, but it just seemed too silly
really.

--
Nomad

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.