Case sensitivity

Tim Churches tchur at
Fri Feb 21 22:41:20 CET 2003

Alex Martelli wrote:
> It's a neat things for editors to colorize, just as it might be for
> to standardize capitalization if Python were case-insensitive.  It
> be a small tragedy if Python itself became color-sensitive, raising
> when names are spelled in the "wrong" colors -- and what it does today
> when names are spelled with "wrong" capitalization is much like that.

Do you mean you don't like colorForth? See

I was secretly hoping your next project would be colorPython (or better,
colourPython). You know, block structure indicated by colour. Or maybe
fontPython would look even nicer... but would TrueType fontPython
programmes be able to run on non-Microsoft platforms? Enough!

Tim C