Python 11 proposals deadline is February 15th!

Aahz aahz at
Wed Feb 12 04:28:54 CET 2003

In article <b2cdgm$d8r$1 at>, Bengt Richter <bokr at> wrote:
>On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:42:46 -0500, Guido van Rossum <guido at> wrote:
>>The Python 11 Conference is being held July 7-11 in Portland, Oregon
>>as part of OSCON 2003.
>Cool. Not so far away ;-)
>BTW, what is the significance of the '11' ? Python Conference #11?

Correct.  Used to be run by Foretec, usually in the spring (which is
when PyCon is being held), now it's being run by O'Reilly.

It's unfortunate that delayed planning for both PyCon and OSCON is
impacting getting proposals for both of them, but I encourage everyone
who had a paper accepted for PyCon to submit a proposal to OSCON.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

Register for PyCon now!