PEP-308 a "simplicity-first" alternative

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Feb 12 02:50:35 EST 2003

Paul Paterson wrote:

> The form above is spelt slightly different to most because the C is
> the
> reverse of most other spellings. In most spellings,
>
> x if C else y   # x is the norm and is selected if C is true
>
> In my form above, x is still the norm (in cases where that has a
> meaning)
> but the condition, C, selects the abnormal case, y.

So you're saying that with the form where C is the test expression, x is
the expression to evaluate if it evaluates true, and y is the expression
to evaluate it false, then your proposal is

	x or y if C

(contrary to what you had written previously).  Is that correct?  I want
to make sure I understand your proposition for the list I'm compiling.

/  \ When you love somebody, you're always in trouble.
\__/ Col. Sherman Potter
    ZOE / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/zoe/
 A simple Python OpenGL rendering engine.