Python for Delphi problem

Kyle Yancey kyle at lakeofburningfire.org
Mon Feb 10 20:11:13 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:55:24 -0700, Mitch Chapman
<Mitch.Chapman at bioreason.com> wrote:

>The explicit initialization of the Python engine isn't needed, since it
>was created by dropping a PythonEngine on your form.  The engine should
>get initialized automagically when Delphi is loading up your dfm file.
>
>But the real savings come from using the VarPyth unit.  (Note: I'm not
>sure what version of Delphi you need in order for this to work.
>Delphi 6 definitely works.)  The button-click event handler becomes
>almost as legible as if it were written in Python.

Unfortunately, I'm using Delphi 3 which doesn't seem to support
VarPyth.  I added Geraldo's advice about ListSize - 1, but I'm still
getting an EAccessViolation.  The program won't work in the debugger
at all.  If I start it outside of the Delphi environment, it works as
intended for a little while, but eventually it spits out the same
error.