And now, for something complete different (aka OT): Alex Martelli (Re: space-efficient top-N algorithm)

David Garamond lists at
Sun Feb 9 23:23:24 CET 2003

Okay, I haven't been reading comp.lang.python for weeks, and the post
that I'm replying to is the first one I see coming from Alex in about a
couple of months.

So I went to trying to find out when Alex started
actively posting again. And then I found some pretty interesting things
;-) Among others, the fact that Alex is going to write another book! O
goodie. Makes me ashamed that I haven't got myself a copy of Python
Cookbook. (Ironically, I had been more curious about Ruby for the last
several weeks that I spent the better time buying and reading The Ruby
Way instead.)

Good to have you back, Alex!