The sprit of this newsgroup!

David Brown david at no.westcontrol.spam.com
Fri Feb 21 08:31:19 EST 2003

"Cy Edmunds" <cedmunds at spamless.rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
news:c1f5a.56929$9U3.53823 at twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> [snip]
>
> I would agree with that. Of all the newsgroups I lurk in this one is the
> most
> consistently pleasant and helpful. Certainly I know of nothing like it
among
> comp.lang.* newsgroups, which seem to attract a lot of smart people with
> serious personality disorders. :P

Maybe its because programmers of other languages are consistently frustrated
by their language and tools, are way overdue in delivery and have pulled out
all their hair while bug-hunting.  Python, as we all know, does not have
this sort of effect, so python programmers are a happier bunch.

Of course, if you want to see some *real* personality disorders, try one of
the advocacy groups like comp.os.linux.advocacy.