Tutorial on how to use Emacs to program Python

Peter Wu peterwu at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 22 04:29:01 EST 2003

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:

> Peter Wu wrote:
>
>> How to make python-mode builtin?
>
> Submit it to the maintainers of GNU emacs.  More importantly, though,
> why would you want to?  You know how to get the functional, you'll need
> to bring your .emacs file with you whenever you go anyway.  So what
> difference does it make?

What if there are many users on a machine? They'd have to carry their own
.emacs files to enable Python-mode. Why can't we just do something so that
the Python-mode can be automatically launched just like cc-mode or else?

Since the maintainers of GNU Emacs can integrate cc-mode, how do they do
this? And why can't I do it like them?