c.l.py.{help,future,library,language,misc,advocacy,gui,platform-dependent,moderated,ternary,peps,whining,flamewar,timbot,obfuscated,goto}

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Sun Feb 9 08:50:39 EST 2003

Roman Suzi schreef op zondag  9 februari om 10:41:32 +0000:

> >	* c.l.py.help
>
> - it's Tutor list

It is, it should be, but the current difference between c.l.py
and the Tutor list is often vague.

> >	* c.l.py.future
>
> - it's python-dev

It is, it should be, but only partially. The current PEP-discussion
is not for python-dev because the wider Python-community should also
be involved. And Python-dev is also for short term 'how shall we
implement this-or-that', which is a different thing. Maybe
python-dev should be splitted indeed...

> >	* c.l.py.library
>
> Not sure...

Me neither.

> >	* c.l.py.language
>
> c.l.py

This would we an antagonist to c.l.py.lib

> >	* c.l.py.misc
>
> SIGs have their own lists. I even subscribed to some.

I'm not sure whether SIG's can get enough bandwidth away
from c.l.py

> >	* c.l.py.advocacy
>
> ???

;)

> >	* c.l.py.gui
>
> IDLE-SIG?

Not really, I mean TkInter, WxPython (own list, I know), discussing
which to use... This one does not take a lot of bandwidth so it won't
bring grist to the mill.

> >	* c.l.py.platform-dependant
>
> Do we really need it?

No ;)

> >	* c.l.py.moderated
>
> announce?

Maybe.

> >...becasue 500 messages a day _can_ be splitted ;)
>
> Da-da, we have email package ;-)
>
> *
>
> And same number of maillist, gated to those groups?

Maybe I should have noted that not every suggestion was 100% serious,
but I hope you get the idea. My idea was certainly not to create
all those lists, but to get thinking how we could split the newsgroup,
because I think we should try to.

yours,
Gerrit.

	http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/