OO patterns with Python

Patrick Useldinger no at way.lu
Tue Feb 11 17:16:56 EST 2003

"Mike Meyer" <mwm at mired.org> wrote in message
news:x7hebalnlf.fsf at guru.mired.org...

> That's true. But OO is still easier than procedural
> programming. At least, it is for the programmers who are doing OO. If
> it weren't, they wouldn't be doing OO.

Maybe... but being a procedural programmer, OO is non-trivial for me,
whereas most procedural programs *are* easy to read for me if I know the
programming language.

> Don't let the fact that they name OO idioms and refer to them
> collectively as "patterns" scare you away. This naming is a good thing
> - it means that people can refer to the idioms by name and be
> understood. It also lets you find books that are collections of
> idioms, which is also a good thing.

Clearly, OO has a lot of specific terms, an so do patterns. But that doesn't
scare me, I am lazy myself so I would have done the same thing ;-)

> I'll add my voice to those advising you to do some programming before
> you start looking into the patterns books. I think they'll make a lot
> more sense if you have a grasp of OO before looking at them.

Promised!

--
email: 'dXNlbHBhQG15cmVhbGJveC5jb20=\n'.decode('base64')