PEP-308 a "simplicity-first" alternative

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Feb 12 04:31:22 EST 2003

Tony Lownds wrote:

> The if x: y else: x syntax still doesn't read like an expression for
> me, probably because it doesn;t look like an operator. Whether the
> "else" has a colon or not seems forgettable. But its pretty readable.

So what about

	C then x else y

?

I think `if C: x else: y' is the front runner, but I'd be satisfied with
`C then x else y' or `if C then x else y'.

/  \ So look into my eyes / I won't tell you lies
\__/ Neneh Cherry
    HardScience.info / http://www.hardscience.info/
 The best hard science Web sites that the Web has to offer.