Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Sun Feb 2 02:25:11 EST 2003

jerf at compy.attbi.com wrote:

> Fact is, if you aren't aware of the "C++ doom and gloom" you are a
> really bad C++ programmer,

Sure, fine.  I'm aware.  What you don't seem to accept, is that some people
with certain case uses can avoid the gloom and doom, and still create
substantial bases of code.  I think you must be assuming everyone else's
problem domain is just like what you're used to dealing with.

Really, isn't a Python newsgroup a self-selecting crowd?  People working in
certain problem domains turn to the language and remain in this forum
because they're getting benefits from it.  That doesn't mean their dominant
problem domains are the same as everyone else's.  That doesn't mean Python
is more useful than all other languages or universally useful.

20% of the world is real.