PEP 308: Pep Update

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Feb 13 18:19:32 EST 2003

Andrew Dalke wrote:

> BTW, I never did see a response to this comment of mine.  With the
> above syntax, this means the following is legal

No, it isn't.  In the current PEP surrounding parentheses are required.

> I don't like that.  I would rather use two temporary names.

Any syntax can be abused.  This is no exception.  People can write
unreadable code with list comprehensions, that doesn't make them
inherently bad.

Punish the person who wrote the unreadable code, not the language
feature which is at his/her mercy.

/  \ Sentimentality is a superstructure covering brutality.
\__/ C.G. Jung
    Esperanto reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/lang/esperanto/
 An Esperanto reference for English speakers.