Tutorial on how to use Emacs to program Python

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Feb 22 04:55:52 EST 2003

Peter Wu wrote:

> What if there are many users on a machine? They'd have to carry their
> own
> .emacs files to enable Python-mode. Why can't we just do something so
> that
> the Python-mode can be automatically launched just like cc-mode or
> else?

What if they want different versions of python-mode?  What if they want
to hand-customize it differently?

The whole point of having user-specific configurations is that they can
do user-specific things.  python-mode is no different.

/  \ To be refutable is not the least charm of a theory.
\__/ Friedrich Nietzsche
    Bosskey.net: Quake III Arena / http://www.bosskey.net/q3a/
 A personal guide to Quake III Arena.