Controlling load location of python22.dll when using Py_Initialize()

Howard Lightstone howard at eegsoftware.com
Wed Feb 19 01:46:21 EST 2003

quadric at primenet.com wrote in
news:mailman.1045631519.20295.python-list at python.org:

> I am statically linking with python22.lib which is an import/export
> library representing
> python22.dll.  I am not using LoadLibrary() and therefore am
> relinquishing control of the

[snip]

I answered too fast.   I had this EXACT same problem.  The solution was
easy.  I created a small program which prepended MY path onto the
environment variable (PATH) then spawned my real program.

(Well, actually it did a little more...like see if it could FIND my program
and its parts first.   But NO linkages to the Python DLL!)

The spawned program inherits the environment of the spawner (which I made
have MY stuff in front).  The M$OFT loader works in the task's environment.