OT - Python with CVS or SourceSafe

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Mon Feb 3 13:50:18 EST 2003

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:3E3E6E17.26D1DAF at engcorp.com...
> dsavitsk wrote:
> >
> > "dsavitsk" <dsavitsk at e-coli.net> wrote in message
> > news:ma5%9.212$PH1.115538 at newssrv26.news.prodigy.com...
> >
> > Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not sure the decision is a lot
easier
> > now ;-)
>
> If you didn't read the part in my reply about data loss with Visual
> SourceSafe, or the comments in the links posted by another person, then
> I suppose the decision might still be a little difficult... ;-)

But I also read stories of data loss in CVSNT when using Symantec Antivirus,
which  I am, and which I am not going to stop, and perforce is a little
pricey, and many of the other suggestions are either as complicated/under
documented as CVS or are still in beta. For what it's worth, beta is a
signaling device that says, "we are not 100% confident in the product yet."
Whether it is a correct reading of the signal, that is what it says to me.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to read the source, so I am
going to trust the developers to tell me it isn't done ...

So, the decision is not a lot easier as nothing stands out as being a
particularly good one.

-d