Newbie question - Python mode in SciTE ?

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 2 16:16:40 EST 2003

Henri Chorand:

> Let me know what you think about it. Unless I find a SciTE expert, I
> guess I'll have to contact the author, and it'll end up in a new item in
> the FAQ ;-)

   Well eventually the author gets his morning fix of c.l.py ;-)

   You can either copy the .properties files to the standard location (IIRC
/usr/share/scite, but I could be wrong) or set up a SciTE_HOME environment
variable to point to the properties files.

   Mmm. it looks like one of the pieces of documentation is wrong as it says
/usr/local/share/scite. I'll work this out and fix it.

> Instead, when I try selecting the first one, I'm getting the following
> error message:
> Could not open file '/home/henri/(my folder)/SciTE.properties'.

   Your own directories won't have local SciTE properties files yet. After
the message you have an empty buffer with the right file name. If you type
some settings in and then save it then these settings will be active for
that directory.

   Neil