3D graphics programmers using Python?

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 7 20:42:14 EST 2003

Brandon Van Every:
> I wonder if a lot of our differences of opinion here, are between:
> - guys who use C++ as a high level language
> - guys who use C++ as a low level language
>
> I'm clearly the latter.  As are all 3D graphics programmers who care about
> performance.

You are, I believe, overgeneralizing.  Eg, Carmack, of Doom/Quake fame, was
asked
(in an interview dated Nov. 11, 2000 so his view may have changed since
then)

http://web.archive.org/web/20011006160422/www.voodooextreme.com/games/interv
iews/carmack/2.html
] Voodoo Extreme -- The game side is C++, why not the rest of the code?
]
] John Carmack -- It's still a possibility, but I am fairly happy with how
the internals
] of the renderer are represented in straight C code.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com